Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Three Things

My three things I am grateful for today are:
  • A great new haircut.
  • Seeing Zooey, our three month old kitten, discover our fish tank. The way she was standing on her hind legs to get a better look, she looked like an adorable mirror cat. But when Battle Tank, the goldfish, swam towards her, she totally freaked out.
  • A post on Rheumatoid Arthritis Warrior called 10 Essential Facts About Rheumatoid Arthritis No Doctor Ever Told Me. I ended up following a link on protecting your joints, especially finger joints, and found some great information. I now have some ideas of things I can do to relieve some of the stress on my fingers so they are less likely to bend outward towards my pinkies, which is a common deformity. For example, it suggests that you try to avoid doing too many things that push your fingers outward, such as opening jar lids. Even though I am still able to open most jar lids with some effort, I will make sure to ask my husband to help now when he's around because I know it will help in the long run.
So even after quite a few trip ups at work, like losing power to the security system and the credit card processor going down, it was a pretty good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All of us who live with Chronic diseases/illnesses have days when others see us as strong, days when others break us down by talking about something they know nothing about and then we have those days where our spirits soar. The problem with auto-immune disorders, unlike say cancers and such, is it's very hard day to day to know what your dealing with. My lupus can kill me just for being lupus. My RA can disable me to a point where I may want the lupus to win. MY deficiencies can cause real ugly problems unto themselves. I keep my spirit intact, my faith strong and those I love close. Bad days pass just as sure as good days will come.

hugs
Tazzy