I made it through work even though I desperately wanted to leave. I found myself trying to make as many adjustments as I possibly could to make my hands more comfortable. I wore compression gloves for most of the day, which help a little bit. The pressure seems to calm down the throbbing. Even though the office was extremely warm, I had to move any fans so they were not directly on me because the cold air hurt when it hit my hands. I wrapped my pen with medical gauze from the first aid cabinet so I did not have to grip it so tightly.
And those things help, but what if the pain in my hands gets any worse? My job involves counting money, typing, and writing.
Enough negative thoughts. I will just have to deal with that situation when I come to it.
My graces -
- A coworker going out of her way to help me fix a problem.
- Taking time to brush Simba, especially since he has been spending the cool evenings lying in his favorite patch of dirt in the backyard.
- Having a free evening to rest my feet, which were in a lot of pain.
- Having that free evening all to myself, but happy when my husband did come home later in the evening after a work event.
- Slipping into fresh sheets at the end of a very hard day.
- Having the strength to make it through a whole day of work even though my hands were in serious pain and I desperately wanted to walk out.
- My husband making me grilled cheese when I came home from work for lunch.
- Browsing the bookstore for the next book to read.
- Watching Zooey the kitten try to catch a fly for at least twenty minutes. It's funny how many things are still new to her.
- Seeing a friend that I have not talked to in quite a while.