Saturday, August 28, 2010

Movement & Graces

I was having a pretty hard day yesterday with my hands, legs, and feet in pain. Of course I have no idea why the pain was worse, you never do with RA, but the office was freezing at work and that added to it. I had my gloves on and doubled my socks to make myself as comfortable as possible.

I was dying to crawl into bed when I got home from work, but I pushed my husband to get out of the house instead. We went to a local mall to walk around for a while and then walked to Trader Joe's to get dinner. By the end of the evening I was more achy and having problems with the stairs, but feeling good about all the exercise. I know movement will help the RA and losing weight would be fabulous.

My graces -

Day 12 -
  • I was at Starbucks this morning standing next to a couple with their five year old son. They were speaking in another language, but were rather loud so they were hard to ignore. Their son walked up between them and said "both of you stop complaining." He turned to his dad and said "stop listening to her." He turned to his mom and said "stop listening to him." They were both quiet from that point on and I couldn't help but laugh.
  • I was able to get quite a bit accomplished at work.
  • My husband came home early from work.
  • We went on a long walk around the local outdoor shopping center.
  • I crawled into bed early with a new book.
Day 13 -
  • Finding A Brief Guide to Life from Zen Habits in my inbox this morning. It's really a must read post.
  • Leaving work to find that it is only 85 outside and not 110 like it has been all week.
  • Going on an incredibly long walk with my husband.
  • A blizzard from Dairy Queen to reward myself for that walk. I grew up with Dairy Queen and they are not that common where I am now. Luckily there happened to be one at the mall we were walking in!
  • Falling asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.
Day 14 -
  • Sleeping in.
  • A book and a Starbucks green iced tea - a wonderful combination.
  • I wasn't able to get a hold of my sister today and wish her happy birthday, but at least I know that she was really happy with her gift (a very expensive shower curtain that she wanted for her new place - she's my little sister and I always cave).
  • Grooming Simba - It's amazing how much hair was on the floor and it doesn't even look like I made a dent.
  • A warm bath to sooth an achy body.

No comments: