Monday, March 29, 2010

Still Sick!

I can't believe how long this cold is hanging on. It has been almost two weeks and I am still coughing and blowing my nose all the time. I am very happy to have some energy again and be able to take a deep breath without feeling like I might cough up a lung.

But now that the cold is starting to subside, the pain is returning. I am 99% sure that I am the one to blame for that though. Besides throwing any restrictions on my diet out the window, I also did not take my RA meds like I was supposed to. I found out early on that if I do not take plaquenil with a full meal, not just a snack, I become extremely nauseous. Since I did not have much of an appetite most evenings over the past couple of weeks, I tended to skip dinner and I did not feel like forcing myself to eat just so I could take a pill. In return for my irresponsibility, my shoulders and elbows have been throbbing like crazy.

At least in the middle of all the sickness, there was a very large beaming bright spot, which was one of my best friend's baby shower. Shopping and shopping and more shopping for the shower was exhausting, but totally worth it. Everyone had a fabulous time, especially my friend, so I was really happy with how it turned out.

It seems like she just told me that she was pregnant and now she is almost eight months along. I am really excited for both her and her husband and have declared myself aunt and official babysitter. Of course her aunt will have to introduce her to Hello Kitty as soon as she is out of the womb!

No comments: