Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Enjoying a sunny day!

I began the day pretty slowly. I have never been a morning person, but the stiffness is my joints makes it tad bit more difficult than it used to be. But once I was up and going, I seemed to have more energy than I have had recently. I can't help but wonder if it has something to do with not taking my new medication last night. I had called the doctor's office because the muscles in my legs have been getting weaker since I started Plaquenil two weeks ago. The nurse told me to stop taking it for now, they would speak to the doctor, and call me back by the end of the day. Well they never called so I did not take it last night or this morning. I called the office again today and spoke with the doctor who told me it might have to be a case of the benefits outweighing the intensity of the side effects. Needless to say, that was a frustrating answer. I might not even know if this stuff works for six months while having a hard time even walking up a flight of stairs. I agreed to take it for a couple more weeks and see if the weakness continues. If it does, we will have to discuss other options. The funny part is that I never really wanted to be on medication in the first place, but the thought of my joints deteriorating while I look for more natural treatment options scared me.

Since I was feeling pretty good at lunch I decided to walk to Starbucks for a green iced tea, which is pretty normal for me, but this time I went to one that is farther away. It was so nice outside, sunny but still cool, so I thought a walk would keep me going.

I did not even feel like I needed a nap when I arrived home after work and had no idea what to do with myself. I felt a little selfish and did not want to waste this new found energy on house work or something mundane, so I decided to do some yoga. I laid out my mat, found a low intensity yoga program I used to follow, and got into position. As soon as I settled into resting pose Simba decided he wanted to join the party. He grabbed his treat and took his place on the mat with me.

He made himself very comfortable and I was not able to continue without bothering him (I know, my pups run this house), so I ended up listening to a CD my hypnotherapist gave me for stress relief.

I had dinner, took a hot bath, and settled under the covers to watch Ghost Hunters until Rommel came home. In the end, I had some pain in my ankles throughout the day and later on in my hands when I was washing my hair, but it was not too bad.

I am slowly pushing the cloud of "worst case scenarios" out of my mind and moving on to the more positive aspects of life. I am going to sleep believing that tomorrow will be just as good, if not better, than today.

No comments: