Thursday, December 16, 2010

Things I Love Thursday!

I have so many things to write about, but my pain level has been insane lately and I have not felt like sitting in front of the computer. But I definitely wanted to write about the things I am loving at the moment and brighten the day a little.

I was browsing Cake's website and found a link to an article on Jason de Caires Taylor, an artist who creates life size sculptures of people and places them underwater off the coast of South America.


There are even more examples on Taylor's web site, including works with crowds of people. It's kind of eerie seeing these frozen figures on the bottom of the ocean, like you are witnessing something that you should not. But his work becomes increasingly beautiful as it becomes part of the underwater environment. Definitely check it out!

I am also loving The Black Keys latest album, Brothers. It's loud and raw and definitely sexy. You can catch a video of them playing live at KCRW that it great. They play a bunch of the songs from their new album and there is a short interview in the middle of the recording. I think that it is available until the end of December.

I just finished reading Orange Is the New Black: My Year in a Women's Prison by Piper Kerman. She served a year in a federal prison for a drug-related crime that she committed ten years beforehand. It was a really interesting story; one of those stories that make you appreciate what you have no matter how small, like not having to wear shower shoes.

I loved the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy by Stieg Larsson and there was a great article in this month's Rolling Stone magazine on the mystery surrounding the author. The same issue included the last interview that John Lennon did before his tragic death. It is another example of why he is one of my favorite musicians. (I could not provide a link to either article because they require a membership to access it - sorry!)

I am so happy that all the holiday cards have been mailed and presents have been wrapped. I wrapped most of the gifts in brown wrapping with beautiful ribbon and bows. But I also found the fabulous gnome wrapping paper at IKEA and used it to wrap the gifts I sent home for my parents, my sister, and my sister's boyfriend.


I am adoring all the wonderful holiday cards Rommel and I are receiving in the mail too! Everyday I find another card with a beautiful family on it, all of which make us smile.

As you can tell by my profile pic, I am into hats lately. I recently picked up this cute number with a bow at Urban Outfitters. I definitely think that it will get a lot of use this winter.


I have been attracted to costume jewelry where living creatures are the subject matter. I found this beetle pendant the other day and I could not resist a five dollar price tag.


Maybe it's the fact that I have a birthday coming up and just want to feel younger, but I am also loving hair bows. They are just so much fun and I can use some of that right now.


And finally, Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly singing Peace On Earth / Little Drummer Boy from Funny or Die.

No comments: