Monday, December 20, 2010

Muscle Pain & New Meds

I am not even sure how to describe the last two weeks. I have been experiencing more and more muscle pain and I woke up last Wednesday feeling the worst of it. I went to work even though I was fighting off tears because there were things that had to be done. I decided that I would walk to urgent care next door as soon as everything was finished since I knew it would be impossible to get in to see my rheumy.

Luckily I was able to get in to see my primary that morning. He ended up giving me a pain killer and prescribing Celebrex in addition to my other RA meds. My rheumy agreed with the Celebrex but insurance would not cover it, so they prescribed mobic instead. Out of all the crazy, complicated names there are for medications, the simple ones like mobic scare me the most. It is too small of a word for all the symptoms it can relieve and all the side effects it can create.

He also wants me to go back to physical therapy, which I am not really sure about. It definitely helped for the short time I went, which was about six months ago, but it was not long before I was in pain again. I made the initial appointment and the morning I was supposed to go I received a bill for $150.00 to cover what insurance would not pay for from six months ago. Of course the office could not tell me anything about it, but assured me I would only have to pay the co-pay for my current appointment. I still went to the appointment and I felt great for the rest of the day. A week later and I am fighting off the tears again.

I have been going back and forth between the physical therapy office and the insurance company to get that $150.00 paid. It seems that the office billed the insurance for three separate codes for each visit and the insurance understood that to be three separate visits. So my six authorized visits did not go very far.

Hopefully it will work out, which means it would be more probable that I could afford the $75.00 fee each visit costs since I now have a deductible that has to be paid off.

It basically just sucks. Of course the pain is awful, but the popping and grinding coming from my joints is unnerving as well. And I could be taking the pain killers instead of whining over things, but I am just really uncomfortable with taking yet another pill.

Now that the complaints are out of the way and I have released all that negativity, I am looking forward to having tomorrow off to rest and wrap a couple of things for some coworkers. Then I just have to get through working Friday before having two days off in a row. Yup, I said TWO DAYS OFF IN A ROW. It has been a long time since that has happened.

Plus there is Christmas and my birthday and gingerbread houses and time with the hubby! So much to look forward to!

No comments: