Sunday, June 13, 2010

Distractions

Always looking for ways to divert my attention from the way I am feeling and wanting to remind myself of all the things I have to be grateful for, I decided spend some time taking pictures around the house today.

We found this foreign movie poster from Breakfast at Tiffany's at the farmers market this morning. Rommel worked his magic and talked the vendor down to a decent price so it now has a permenant place on my wall. I purchased the cupcake painting last week at the local art show last week from a booth selling art from the local high school. It's so cute.


I love Charlie Harper's work, but I can't even afford a print. I happened to find a Charlie Harper version of the game Memory and got an idea. After the fourteen dollars for the game and the cost of a couple frames, I had two pieces of Charlie Harper artwork to hang on my wall. I actually like them more than a print because I get to enjoy so many different pieces of his work.



I also took a few pics of our garden. There are already some vegetables popping up. The bell peppers and tomatoes look great and I can't wait until they are ready to pick. Our peach tree is already so heavy with peaches that I am going to have to tie up all the branches so they have some extra support.



Then there is the local "wildlife". It is a little hard to make out because of the dirty window, but this is a picture of our favorite squirrel. He constantly knocks over the bird feeders, buries peanuts in my flower pots, and taunts the dogs, but he still has a little place in my heart.


Zimmerman, named after the host of Bizarre Foods because he likes to eat bugs, has claimed a permenant spot between some plants in the front yard. It not only provides shade from the hot summer sun, but also gives him the perfect view of the bird feeder.


It was pretty easy to distract myself from the fever that stuck with me all day today. The infected spot on my foot, which probably caused the fever, was a little harder to forget. My only guess why it will not go away even though I am diligently taking care of it is my RA medication, which suppresses your immune system. No wonder they tell you to do your best not to get sick or hurt (why wouldn't I any way?). I am so tired of doctors, but I will be heading back there again tomorrow.

But I have so many wonderful things to be grateful for, even the doctor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for having me! Love the shots of the animals in nature. They intrigue me as well when I capture my own. What kind of dog is your big black boy, chow? Newfie? Cuties. Love the artist work, strange and peculiar eye but interesting. Keep your chin up when you can and when can't lean on something you love! Gentle hugs. Tazzy