Thursday, May 29, 2008



The other day I found this blog by Gala Darling. She is into fashion, etc., and is totally fabulous. I love all that stuff, but haven't put any energy into it lately for various reasons. She inspires me to really go for it! Every Thursday she writes about the things she really loves and encourages others to do the same. I am in such a fabulous mood today, I love just about everything and decided that I would write about it too.

Things I absolutely love:
  • Fresh flowers - How can you not love beautiful flowers? They brighten everyone's day and make me smile whenever I look at them. I try to buy a bouquet for my desk each week. Today I spent a little more and bought orange tulips that have yellow lining each petal. They were closed this morning, but are beginning to open up as I write. I wished my camera was working so that I could show you how gorgeous they are. Maybe next time though.
  • My red ballet slipper-like shoes - They add a punch of color to my normal work wear.
  • Starbucks' green iced tea - I get up early each day so I can walk to the Starbucks before work and get my morning iced tea. I make tea at work and home, but this little routine starts my day off right.
  • Finding ways to reduce/reuse/recycle - I am always looking for new ways to "green" my workplace and I spent this morning taping stacks of printer paper together to use in one of those really old report printers. Little changes make a difference!
  • The Idiot-Proof Diet - Today was day eight and I have already lost eight pounds! I love the woman who wrote it because they are humorous, but honest, and have actually lost the weight themselves. They are not waifs telling other people how to be like them. They have done all the hard work.
I am going to stop now because I will seem way too happy for it to be natural.

Love,
Morgan

No comments: