As soon as I got home from work, the list began to form in my head and I raced to check off each and every item on it.
- I made cookies for a friend who made a donation to the Wags 'N Whiskers walk for the Glendale Humane Society that I participated in a couple of weeks ago with my dogs. I wanted to thank her and I knew homemade oatmeal cookies would be the perfect way to do that.
- I made a new batch of laundry detergent. I try not to use any cleaners with chemicals, etc., and it only takes a few ingredients and a few minutes. It cleans just as well, if not better, than the store-bought detergent and I can add any scent I want.
- I made dinner early so that when I crashed from my manic phase it would already be done.
- I planted the two potato vines in the backyard. They have these tiny white blooms on them and will look so amazing when they start to cover the chain link fence.
- I fertilized and watered all the plants.
- I cleaned Ziggy's cage (canary) and then moved on to the two aquariums in the house.
- I went through this huge pile of paperwork and junk mail. I shredded what I could and set aside the rest to file later.
At this point in the evening my husband walked in the door and asked if I was ready for dinner. I told him to let me take a quick shower first. I seriously started wind down and after a few minutes under the warm water I was so tired I even forgot to rinse the conditioner out of my hair before getting out of the shower.
After evenings like that I realize that I need to try and only do one task at a time. The list will get done eventually and if something doesn't, then it wasn't a priority.