Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Fabulous Christmas!

I will admit that one of my favorite parts of Christmas are the presents. Of course I like to receive gifts, but I LOVE to give gifts. I love to watch people open them with excitement on their face and know I found the perfect present. I do take the easy route sometimes and give people gift cards, especially when I don't know them very well. But for the most part, I spend quite a while thinking about and shopping for the perfect gift. For example, this year we bought my dad a side table made from a huge tree root. It was absolutely gorgeous and I knew that he would appreciate all the time and care that went into making it. I wish I would have taken a picture of it, but I did not remember until it was packed for shipping and I took so long to pack it so that it would not get damaged that I would not even think of taking it out of the box.

Anyway, my favorite gift to see opened this year was actually the stockings my parents sent to our dogs. They were so excited and I wanted to share it with my parents, so I taped it. In a way it is like watching our "kids" open their Christmas presents.

No comments: