Friday, December 19, 2008

Apparently the universe is trying to tell me something.

And what is it trying to tell me? Slow down! I have had so many things happening lately that are literally forcing me to stop rushing around like I usually do.

First were the changes they made at my workplace. Instead of getting rid of employees, they are cutting everyone a few hours. Luckily I will still be working forty hours a week like I have been, but I have to avoid accruing any overtime. I am more than fine with that; it helps keep other people employed. The problem is that I am always early and I mean always. I show up to work thirty minutes early every morning and get myself situated. I also haven't taken a whole hour for lunch in years. Now I can only be five minutes early at the most and must take a whole hour for lunch. This is only the first week that these new rules have applied and it has completely threw me off. I woke up five minutes before I was supposed to be at work last Saturday and ended up being twenty minutes late. I have been late coming back from lunch. It messes up my day when I get to work and I don't get settled in. It may be completely coincidental, but I was also late for a dentist appointment and a massage this week, which never happened before.

It may sound stupid, but being early is part of who I am. I don't like sitting around the house in the morning waiting to leave for work or anywhere else I need to be. I like to get out of bed, throw myself together, and walk out the door. At lunch, I run errands or grab some food and head right back to the office.

So I guess I need to learn to relax and enjoy that extra time, but I think it is going to take me awhile. It just doesn't feel right.

No comments: