Thursday, August 14, 2008

Tomatoes, Tomatoes, and More Tomatoes

I have only had a couple ripe tomatoes here and there, so I was surprised when I walked outside yesterday and had to pick a dozen of them. The funny thing is that I don't even like tomatoes. When I was debating what to grow, my mother-in-law suggested tomatoes, so I really planted them for her. But there is no way she can eat that many tomatoes!

About half of them also have spots on them which I expected since I don't use any pesticides, etc. They are still good, but I don't want to give anyone a damaged tomato. The solution to my problem was salsa. It is the perfect way to use all the tomatoes and I can take it to work for everyone to enjoy.

I will make a regular tomato salsa tonight, but I also downloaded a few exotic recipes for the next batch I pick.

There were also some crazy monster-sized tomatoes. The one in the picture below was not even the largest in the garden. Maybe going organic is the best way to do it.


No comments: