Thursday, August 7, 2008

Pepto-bismol Anyone???


As I said before, I skillfully put a fist-sized hole in the bathroom wall and it wasn't with my hand either. I was trying to put up a robe hook, which should be a really simple task. But when the former owners expanded the bathroom they apparently used thin slats of wood instead of something substantial like a 2 x 4. So the robe hook would not hold any weight at all and when I tried to unscrew it from the wall, part of the wood and drywall came with it. I kept meddling with it, which only made it worse of course.

I was able to easily fix the hole, but we just dropped off all our excess paint at the hazardous waste drop off a few weeks before and no longer had the paint for the bathroom. It just so happens that I was not a fan off the burnt rust color that was on the walls when I moved in, which you can see in the before shot, so this whole debacle was really a blessing in disguise.

I decided to go with pink because it is currently my favorite
color. I would never paint a large room pink, that would be too much even for me, but this is a small room and I am the only one who uses it. I went through several different versions, some were too rosy, some were too baby nurseryish (I have decided that's a word). I settled on two shades of pink and my husband picked the tamer of the two.

Let's just say it's definitely bright pink! It kind of looks like someone coated the walls with pepto-bismol. It may be a bit much for some people, but I like it quite a bit. It's fun and girly and makes me happy! I even added some artwork and changed all the fixtures to chrome.

Ultimately I would like to rip out the sink, mirrors, and those awful vanity lights, but this is a huge improvement for now.

No comments: