Monday, May 24, 2010

Feeling Ambitious

I have been pushing myself more than usual over the last couple of weeks. Some days I have a decent amount of energy and want to take advantage of it by getting out in the garden or trying to get the house a little more organized. Some days I have no energy, but if I am going to be achy or in pain at the end of every day, I would rather feel like that for a reason or at least believe that was the reason.

I only had to work half a day on Tuesday because of the upcoming holiday and the crazy way my company handles it. Instead of heading out to the backyard, I decided to hang out at the bookstore for awhile and grab a new book that I was really excited about. I bought my iced tea and found a seat on the sunny balcony with my book. After about thirty minutes I really began to feel the pain in my hands, feet, and knees. It was bad enough that I decided to leave a lot earlier than I planned, hoping that I could get a little more comfortable at home. Maybe it was sitting in one position for too long. I do sit at a desk most of the day at work, but I have to get up quite often and do not normally feel too much pain until I get home and just stop running around for awhile. Whatever the reason, it was rather disappointing to look forward to relaxing at one of my favorite places and ending up being so distracted by pain that I could not enjoy it.

But enough of that, here are pictures of some of the stuff I have been up to recently:

I originally was not going to plant any veggies this year, but in the end I decided to plant some but put them in pots instead of in the ground. I did this because I tend to move plants to see if they grow better in different areas and sometimes just because I change my mind. It's a lot easier to do that when they are in pots instead of digging them up each time.


I also planted a couple of bell pepper plants. The bell peppers usually turn out smaller than ones you get at the store, but when you grow your own without any pesticides, etc, they really do taste so much better.


I also planted a few marigolds around the yard. I love the smell of marigolds and they always remind me of my childhood. My mom planted them every year and my sister and I always pulled the dead flower heads off and spreading the seeds around.


I had to include a picture of our peach tree. This will be the third summer it has produced and they should be really delicious this year.


I put together a new wreath for our front door. I would rather do the work myself for $15.00 then spend $30.00 or more for one that is not well done.


I spent some more time organizing all the stuff that has piled up in our bedroom. I collect a lot of different art and eclectic items, so things can get a little cluttered some times. I have been trying to edit those things and display the others so we can enjoy them.

No comments: