Thursday, November 18, 2010

Running Around and Around

So much for a day off! I had so many errands today that it was just as exhausting as a full day of work.

I headed out early this morning for my hypnotherapy session. We talked about working on keeping my anxiety level low when I am in crowded places, like the mall or a concert. As for what we actually covered, I could not tell you because I went completely under. Usually I am aware of the hypnotist talking while I visualize things. This time I remember hearing little bits here and there, but ended up asking how long I had been there. I swear it felt like I had taken a short nap, but it was actually about forty-five minutes.

Next I headed to the bookstore. I love the program I belong to at the bookstore and I had great coupons to put to use. I picked up a few cds because it has been quite a while since I updated my music collection and wanted something I could dance around the house to. I also found a book on things to do in Los Angeles. I think a lot of people would be surprised to know how few local points of interest I have been to considering I have lived in LA for almost seven years. But now that I am feeling more confident about my anxiety, I have an extremely long list of places to hit up.

I could not help stopping at Old Navy since it was next to the bookstore. I am not an extremely frugal person, but how can you not love Old Navy's clearance section, especially when it is an extra 50% off! I found two sweaters, two button up shirts, and two adorable tank tops and I got them all for less than forty bucks. Love it!

Then I had my second appointment with Dr. Zen, my new rheumatologist. I did have to wait quite a bit longer in the waiting room, but I really do think it was worth it. Once again the physician's assistant was great. She noticed the book I was reading when she walked in and we ended up talking about books for the first several minutes. Then she took the time to go over everything I wanted to talk about. I know they say to limit your questions to about three, but there are been so many new issues that I could not cut my list down. So the results of my rheumy appointment are as follows:
  • Even though my pain is bearable and not necessarily constant, I am dealing with pain in more joints than before, including my shoulders and neck.
  • My blood tests show that my inflammation levels are still extremely high.
  • I received a new prescription, which of course I cannot remember the name of. He said it was like mtx, but not as intense. As soon as I get it back from the pharmacist I will let you know what it is.
  • He mentioned my weight, which I know is an issue. But instead of just telling me to exercise, which can be more difficult when dealing with RA, he suggested a weight loss program. It sounds kind of like a version of weight watchers that is supervised by doctors. I will call and see what it is all about, but as always, the cost will be a big factor. So we'll see.
Then to the pharmacist, Costco, the grocery store, and I stopped by Starbucks to treat myself to a hot chocolate.

I ended up dragging myself in the house about five and absolutely could have crashed, but there is always more to do! I made dinner and finished up a couple of other little things.

At last I am sitting on the couch, watching The Solitary Man with Michael Douglas. I think that I will work on my friend's baby blanket for a while. It is taking forever to crochet this blanket because I have to stop when my hands get bad, but it will be worth it.

All in all, I definitely have to say that it was a really good day, tiring, but good.

No comments: