Thursday, August 26, 2010

A good day & catching up with my graces ...

I have been absolutely wiped out after work the last three days, especially since my pain levels have been up, so I decided that today would be all about me. I had a massage, which helps with my anxiety and back pain. I have also been told that it helps release the toxins from your muscles.

I came home, grabbed a book, and got comfortable for most of the afternoon. I know I fell asleep at some point in there.

Rommel came home from work and we went on a short walk. I felt like I needed to get a little something done, so I cleaned the fish tank before I sat down to watch Project Runway.

It was a pretty good day and I feel ready to take on work tomorrow.

My graces -

Day 7 -
  • I had the energy to straighten up our bedroom and put away the piles of laundry.
  • A little shopping at Old Navy - I am all about clearance!
  • My husband was willing to help me groom Sunny.
  • I was able to take a nap cuddled under a blanket with the A/C running when it was 110 degrees outside.
  • Watching America's Funniest Videos - so freaking funny & laughter is always good for healing.
Day 8 -
  • Sneaking a peek at the Halloween inventory at work. It's definitely my favorite holiday to decorate for and I can guarantee the my house will be all decked out by October 2.
  • This is so awful, but I can't remember my Monday! I have went over and over it, but all I can think is that I went to work, came home, and went to sleep. I know there is so much more in between there, but I am totally drawing a blank.
Day 9 -
  • Coming home at lunch and hanging out with our two dogs and kitten. They were doing so well together until Zooey dive boomed the birdcage several times and had to be taken out of the room.
  • I finally finished the shadow box for part of my dunny collection.
  • Spending some quiet time outside while watering the trees.
  • I had my review at work and it went really well. I was definitely worried because everything has been harder since my RA diagnosis. The brain fog makes me feel scattered, the fatigue makes me work slower, and then there is the leaving early. But I have really been trying to kick things up a notch lately and I think they definitely noticed.
  • Settling in for a movie with my husband.
Day 10 -
  • The feral cats greeting me this morning for their breakfast.
  • I managed to clear off a large portion of my desk at work.
  • Having the drive to file the huge stack of invoices I let build up. I cannot express how much I dislike filing! I had an office job in college and the main duty was to file, file, file. Every semester we had to clean out the file cabinets, weed out the students that graduated, and refile everything. I would have nightmares about endless piles of paper that had to be filed.
  • An evening walk with Rommel.
  • I was watching LA Ink and I got an idea for a tattoo that I am pretty excited about.

Day 11 -
  • Sleeping in on my day off!
  • A massage - I will totally admit that I still feel guilty about spending the money on massages, but my anxiety causes my neck and back to get so tense that it causes major pain.
  • Plenty of time to read.
  • Getting the fish tank clean.
  • Walking outside this evening and feeling a cool breeze. It has been over 100 degrees all week and maybe it is finally going to break.

No comments: